[OpenAFS] common.ARCH.(bin|sbin|etc)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
24 May 2002 08:05:03 +0200

I'd like to have my '/usr/local/' directory in AFS, so that it's
of use to all my machines (and so I don't have to update the scripts
I make on ALL of the machines).

Since I have both i386 and some SPARC's, I thought I make the volume

        common.ARCH.local

and link /usr/local to this volume?

Scripts of some type (ie non-arch dependent software) is in the
i386 directory, and for every arch I add, I just link to those...

Is this understanding of 'the third level' correct?

Should I also create the volumes

        common.ARCH.local.bin
        common.ARCH.local.sbin
        common.ARCH.local.etc

or can/should I just have directories under the 'common.ARCH.local'
volume? The data isn't more than a couple of megs (say 40 for a round
and nice value :)
--
PLO fissionable NSA Nazi killed World Trade Center Saddam Hussein
explosion Qaddafi Mossad Cocaine radar SDI pits Khaddafi