[OpenAFS] Finding the 'mountpoint' of a volume

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 10:53:29 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:35:06AM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> I'm writing a script that let me easily backup a volume, but I need
> to know the exact mountpoint of the volume, so I can mount the backup
> volume inside 'VOLUME/OldFiles'...
>
> vos examine don't give me this information...

I see two ways of achieving what you want:
1. always create OldFiles (or name it BACKUP) in each volume and create the
backup volume on volume creation time
2. just mount the volume somewhere temporary, create the mountpoint to
BACKUP and unmount the volume again. (Yes, a volume can be mounted
multiple times, wherever you want.)

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/