[OpenAFS] This must be simple, but...

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 09:30:33 -0400 (EDT)

All,

Can anyone suggest a method for easily creating an "alias" (usually a
symlink in root.afs) when mounting a cell using -dynroot?  I can now
access my employers private AFS servers over a VPN connection, but the
pertinent paths spring into life under the fully-qualified cell name (e.g.
foo.bar.com).  On my own personal cell, I'm able to create symbolic links
in root.afs in the form foo --> foo.bar.com and save typing.  Similarly,
at work the admins have all these aliases in place and many of my scripts
and applications assume them.

When using dynroot, the enterprise cells spring into existance only with
the full name - breaking a buch of things.  I suspect I'm missing
something obvious, but I can't grasp how to make the alias appear
dynamically as well.

Any hints are appreciated.

Regards,

Steve