[OpenAFS] CopyOnWrite failed. Workarounds?

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs friedel@nomaden.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:41:19 +0200

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

Hi!
Thanks for your input:

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> we do have a candidate fix which several people are attempting to verify.
> if you wish to try it, visit www.openafs.org, and get the "latest
> unstable" release (1.3.2) and build it. if you want to actively help track
> if we've fixed it, i can provide a further patch which will cause the
> fileserver to drop a core in cases where you may have triggered the bug
Hm, maybe later. I will see if i can reproduce the bug somehow on one of
our testing servers and if i succeed, i will try the fix. Otherwise it
would be very difficult to see if the fix helped :)

Marco Foglia wrote:
> the best work around is certainly not creating backup volumes=20
> and doing the backup directly from the RW volumes. This however
> locks the volume for some time.=20
Thank you for confirming that. I think i can work with that, until i can
confirm the fix is functional. In fact i am already taking regular dumps
of my test installation at home.

I really like the afs concepts and i've been itching to try it for a
long time now. Having to dump it would have been a real pity.

Many Thanks
	Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--