[OpenAFS] Re: Kerberos V and xscreensaver/xlock

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 16:09:23 -0800

At 2:18 PM +0100 11/3/02, Balazs GAL wrote:
>Thanks for your help.
>
>I dont have a OSX but You inspired me to rewrite
>the whole configure system to use automake and libtool.
>First of all the own conf parser code is now optional and not build
>at default. You can enable it with --enable-confparser option. (But
>i think you dont want it :))
>With recent kerberos libraries (release date > ~2000) the own parser
>not necessary.
>2./ now libtool build the shared libs, so porting pam_krb5
>can be easier. (This not means that it works, i only tested it with
>Debian :( ). At this time to build it on OSX you must use gcc.
>3./ pam_krb5 can use pam header files from pam directories instead
>of security.
>
>I released a snapshot in http://www.rit.bme.hu/~balsa/pam_krb5/snap/
>
>Please note, the whole build system is brand new.
>
>Any comments are welcome !

I found a couple of minor bugs.  Note the differences in
/afs/jpl/home/h/hotz/public/pam/pam_krb5_snap/pam_krb5afs.c{,.orig}.
The link step still fails.  See the make.log[0-9] files.  I must
admit I don't understand what's happening there.  Maybe
<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Darwin/PortingUNIX/compiling/index.html>
provides a clue?

Or maybe not.  I tried copying the config.guess and config.sub files
from the autoconf 1.6 which came with the system and now its really
unhappy because your stuff uses 1.6.1 it would appear.  Or maybe it's
really 1.6.1 and you stuff is older?

The ld man page says:  -dylib_install_name <name>  For dynamic shared
library files, specifies the name of the file the library will be
installed in for programs that use it.  If this is not specified, the
name specified in the -o <name> option will be used.  This option is
used as the libtool(1) -install_name <name> option when its -dynamic
option is specified.

I'm pretty sure that current versions of libtool understand the Apple
linker.  I just don't understand libtool.  From the filetype of the
installed pam modules I'm sure the -bundle ld option has to get in
there somehow, but that may not help.