[OpenAFS] afsd having problems on Linux machines

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:00:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:

> I have some Linux machines running kernel 2.4.19 with openafs.
> (The machines are a mixture of Debian woody and potato, and
> openafs is version 1.2.7 in all cases.
>
> Recently I've seen a couple of machines with problems like this.
> Here are log files from two AFS clients.  They both had difficulties
> at the same time on Sunday, when there is a cron job runnning.
>
> What is the '-stat' parameter?  For some reason I can't get into
> the mailing list archives at the moment, so I can't confirm that
> someone else asked something about this recently.

I wouldn't expect this unless you have a lot of files legitimately open
and you use the default setting (which is I think 300)

In this case it defines the number of vcaches you have; in the Linux case
that maps directly to a private inode pool.