[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #905 - 4 msgs

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:30:23 -0600

James L Robinson wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 12:01 pm, openafs-info-request@openafs.org wrote:
> > Would be nice if it did not cross volume mounts.
>
> GNU find won't cross volume mountpoints by default, that is,
> without the '-noleaf' option. YMMV.

Yes, my milage varies. The gnu find I have is crossing boundries,
with or without out the -noleaf. But the -noleaf does not say
to not cross volume boundries, it says don't try to optimise the
searching for directories, based on the hard link count.

In the case where the -type d is used, we are still looking at all
directories, and the mount point appears as a directory.