[OpenAFS] recursive fs setacl

Matt Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:25:34 +1300

you may want to use the -noleaf option on find.

following is from the find manpages

  -noleaf
               Do not optimize by assuming that  directories  con-
               tain  2  fewer  subdirectories than their hard link
               count.   This  option  is  needed  when   searching
               filesystems  that do not follow the Unix directory-
               link convention, such as CD-ROM or MS-DOS  filesys-
               tems or AFS volume mount points.  Each directory on
               a normal Unix filesystem has at least 2 hard links:
               its  name  and  its  `.'  entry.  Additionally, its
               subdirectories (if any) each  have  a  `..'   entry
               linked to that directory.  When find is examining a
               directory, after it has statted 2 fewer subdirecto-
               ries than the directory's link count, it knows that
               the rest of the entries in the directory  are  non-
               directories  (`leaf'  files in the directory tree).
               If only the files' names need to be examined, there
               is  no  need to stat them; this gives a significant
               increase in search speed.

cheers

matt