[OpenAFS] key issues for OpenAFS future?

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@e.kth.se
05 Nov 2002 23:25:29 +0100

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> OpenAFS works fine with journalled filesystems. The only incompatability
> is that you cannot use reiserfs as your cache partition with 2.4.x+
> kernels since reiserfs does not support retrieving a file from disk from
> just the inode number, unlike most other unix filesystems.
>
> Ext3 works just fine as a cache partition, and ANY of the filesystems
> works for server vice partitions.

As far i know you cant turn on logging on your /vice - partitions on
solaris if dont want things to break. You say it works now ? Do i have to
run namei-filerserver then ?

I am sure you cant run your /vice-partitions on AdvFS on Tru64, which sucks
pretty much.

I dont think we support /vice in XFS on IRIX either, or i am wrong ?

/Jimmy