[OpenAFS] Re: Kerberos V and xscreensaver/xlock

Balazs GAL balsa@rit.bme.hu
08 Nov 2002 00:07:24 +0100

2002-11-06, sze keltez=E9ssel Henry B. Hotz ezt =EDrta:

> OK, I did it two ways.  First I took the default install location=20
> which was /usr/local/lib/.  I put /usr/local/lib/pam in the=20
> /etc/pam.d/sshd file though and got some errors indicating it=20
> couldn't load.
>=20
> After a false start I redid it with ./configure --with-krb5=20
> --libdir=3D/usr/lib/pam and got the pam_krb5.{la,so} files installed=20
> there.  Now it crashes with the following traceback recorded:
> >Thread 0 Crashed:
> >  #0   0x8fe01280 in halt
> >  #1   0x8fe106b4 in link_in_need_modules
> >  #2   0x8fe12230 in _dyld_link_module
> >  #3   0x900171c8 in NSLinkModule
> >  #4   0x93ef53d0 in _pam_dlopen
> >  #5   0x93ef35e4 in _pam_init_handlers
> >  #6   0x93ef2fd4 in _pam_dispatch
> >  #7   0x93ef3170 in _pam_init_handlers
> >  #8   0x93ef2258 in pam_start
> >  #9   0x0000a9b0 in 0xa9b0
> >  #10  0x000152f4 in 0x152f4
> >  #11  0x00014a2c in 0x14a2c
> >  #12  0x000146f4 in 0x146f4
> >  #13  0x000034cc in 0x34cc
> >  #14  0x000050dc in 0x50dc
> >  #15  0x000027c0 in 0x27c0
> >  #16  0x00002640 in 0x2640

Ok. First of all I'm not a darwin expert.
But pam_krb5 was not linked to libpam, now it is. Please
try pam_krb5_snap-2002.11.07.tar.gz. If it dont work (eg segfault
like above),then I must conntact to the pam development team at
opendarwin.org.

> I just did the configure over again and there is no reference to=20
> libkafs or libkrbafs and there are no warnings of the type you=20
> mention.=20

Yes, because it cant find any useable krb4 lib.
Now configure script will warn you as you expect.
If configure cant find your krb4 libs even with the --with-krb4
option, then please use the LDFLAGS environment variable like
this:
LDFLAGS=3D'-L/usr/extreme/lib/kr4/path' ./configure

if configure cant find the krb4 header files use CPPFLAGS.
=20
> However I'm more concerned=20
> about the pam crash in the module I did build above.

Yes Yes. This is the main problem.

Thanks

balsa

p.s:
I think openafs-info is not the right place for discussion
about pam_krb5 so i made a new pam_krb5 list:

  pam-krb5@rit.bme.hu