[OpenAFS] openAFS on Mac OS X 10.2 Help?

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:50:30 -0500

At 11:01 AM -0700 11/7/02, Tracy A Roudebush wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Could you point me in the right direction..  I would like to find
>out how I can uninstall openAFS from Mac OS X (10.2) ?

Presumably you could figure this out by looking at the "receipt"
info (looking at the files inside of /Library/Receipts/OpenAFS.pkg),
but you would probably have to do it by hand.

>Also, how may I find out how I can configure AFS to only start on
>my profile (Mac OS X 10.2) on a shared machine?

I am not sure about having it start automatically on "your profile",
but in my case I added a check of:

     if [ "${AFSCLIENT}" != "-YES-" ]; then exit; fi

after the line

     if [ "${NETWORKUP}" = "-NO-" ]; then exit; fi

In the startup file for openafs.  That file should be at:

    /System/Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS

or maybe at:

    /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS

 From that starting-point/hint, you should be able to come up with
something that does what you're looking to do.  (in my case, I add
a line to /etc/hostconfig, which I change "by hand" when I want to
turn on or turn off the startup of OpenAFS when the system reboots)