[OpenAFS] Windows 2000 openAFS install

Jayme Cox jayme@reality.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:20:44 -0800

I am trying to install openAFS on a windows 2000 w/ SP3 server

I can install the client just fine, however, when I run the Server
Quickstart wizard, it fails while trying to start the BOS server with a
timeout waiting for AFS bosserver control service to start.
It then says details are in the log file:
C:/PROGRA~1/IBM/AFS/AFS@afslogsdir
However, it can't seem to find that log file (and when I startup the
wizard, it spits out an error about not being able to open the log
file).

I've already successfully installed openAFS on a Linux machine, but am
having no luck with the w2k server. Is there a way to configure and
start everything from the command line instead of the wizard?

Thanks!

--Jayme