[OpenAFS] windows Build

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 01:02:17 -0500

You should probably be using the copy of README-NT on the MAIN branch
rather than the stable branch
(http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/openafs/src/README-NT?rev=1.6)

Among other things, it has some newer locations for these files:

   November 2001 Microsoft Platform SDK - install "samples" from "Core SDK"
                              samples/winbase/security/winnt/logonnp/npapi.h
   July 1999 Windows 98 DDK - src/net/inc/netmpr.h and src/net/inc/netspi.h
                            - you need to install "Legacy and Related
                              driver samples"

In addition, I've found that if you get the new July(?) 2002 Platform SDK,
then npapi.h is in the main SDK include directory, and not in a sample.

I have not had any reason to install the new unified "Windows DDK", so I
don't know if netspi.h is present in it or not. note that netmpr.h isn't
actually used anymore, and netspi.h is only used if you're building the
Win9x client, so if you're only building for NT, you only need npapi.h.
(and conversely, if you're only building for 9x, you only need netspi.h)