[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.7 and RLX-modified Linux kernel

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:41:41 -0500

I'm using OpenAFS 1.2.7 (prebuilt binaries) along with RedHat Linux 7.3,
with RLX (www.rlx.com) kernel mods.  The kernel reports itself as
2.4.18-3rlx3.

The provided kernel module binary did not load, as expected.  After
building a custom kernel module though, I still get the same message:

----
Hmm... I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your Linux
kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a suitable module.
The following information may be of some use in obtaining assistance:
CPU Type:          686.intel.11
Linux version:     2.4.18-3rlx3 #1 Thu Sep 5 08:48:57 CDT 2002
RedHat release:    Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
Symbol versions:
  iget4      17142487
  iget4      17142487
  sock_create 5fd056b4
Did not find matching module in SymTable
----

However, the AFS module *does* load and services work as expected.  Am I
going to get an unpleasant surprise later when users are actually using
the system?

Thanks
--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org