[OpenAFS] zonealarm, win98, openafs

DAVID G MCMURTRIE dgm+@pitt.edu
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:48:10 -0500 (EST)

This isn't specifically an openafs problem, but someone with openafs on
windows knowledge should be able to answer it.

I just grabbed the latest openafs client for my Win98 machine at home.  I
have ZoneAlarm installed on this machine as well, and I can't get openafs
to work 'cuz ZoneAlarm is blocking necessary udp ports.  My problem is
that ZoneAlarm seems to want to be configured by allowing or disallowing
particular applications, not specific ports.  At least I couldn't figure
out how to allow specific ports...

Does anyone know exactly which executables I'll need to allow access for
this to work (which executables create or accept network connections), or
should I just install different firewall software that lets me open the
necessary ports (if such software exists for Windows and it's free)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
--