[OpenAFS] (no subject)

Benjamin Chardi Marco Benjamin.Chardi.Marco@cern.ch
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:01:24 +0100 (CET)

You can use afsd:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/afs/docs/html/AdminRef/auarf058.htm#HDRAFSD
I have made a study about the optimal parameters for my machines but the
-stat parameter was very obscure for me. Please can you tell me which are
for your machines the optimal parameters and why??
My results, for 1Gb machines:
-blocks=900000 (900Mb/day are tranfered to this machines)
-chunksize=18 (2^18) (independent of cache size)
-stat=300???? (and the optimal perfomance goes down when I increase this
parameter)
I use the ratio between files found in local cache\ files not found to
check the performance. You can get it in afsmonitor program.

Benja.