[OpenAFS] uid 0 im AFS

Joerg Sommer joerg@alea.gnuu.de
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu> wrote:
> Why do you care? i.e. what problem are you trying to solve by changing
> the uid?

I held a whole system in AFS and when I install some packages, sometimes
it creates files with non uid 0. So suid programm won't work.

Or another case: I would create a initrd in afs space. All files, I
create in afs or copy in afs, get the uid != 0. If I call depmod, it
fails. I have a workaround (fakeroot) for this, but what with the files
in the whole system? Now I would test tiger to search for files with
wrong owner, but that's a correction of the effect and not of the reason.

Joerg.