[OpenAFS] vos dump format?

Andrew Leahy aleahy@knox.edu
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:36:44 -0500

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up an AFS cell for the first time, and I'm
looking into ways to archive /afs.  I'm curious about the output of 'vos
dump'.  In particular, can the output from a 'vos dump' command be
taken, say, to a completely different cell and used to create an
identical volume with the 'vos restore' command?  (e.g., if necessary,
could I build an ad hoc cell 10 years from now and access the contents
of a vos dump I made today?)

Also, apart from the 'vos restore' command, are there any other ways to
access the contents of the output of 'vos dump'--e.g., to list and
extract specific files?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy