[OpenAFS] AFS cache

Matz Broman (QRA) Matz.Broman@era.ericsson.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:46:23 +0100

Hi!
I have a problem, one of my users must update the AFS file in realtime so he can access from all AFS computers. As I understand AFS write to the server on applicatiopn close. Until then all updates are done at the local clients cache only.
So when he lokks at the file fron another client he can not see the updates done before the applications ends.

My 2 questions is:
Is it possible to configure the client to just use the cache for some volumes or vice versa?
Is it possible to not use the cache at all, and make the client write tro the server everytime?

Matz Broman
ETE
matz.broman@era.ericsson.se