[OpenAFS] PAG's and MTA's

Jason Edgecombe jedgecombe@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:58:05 -0500

Dan Pritts wrote:

>as someone else suggested, you will need to have "i" permission as well
>as rlw, since each new message is delivered by inserting a new file into
>the Maildir/new directory.  Setting the permissions to "all" should have
>covered this, though.
>
>are you 100% sure that courier has the token?

I would change the permissions to "write", not "all" . "All" gives the
user permission to change the ACLs
I don't think that a mail server should need to change the ACL's on a
directory. "write" should provide the needed permissions.

What does the "k" mean in the ACL? I know what the rest mean?

r - read (read files in the directory)
l - look (i.e. do an "ls" or change to the directory)
i - insert (create a file)
d - Delete files
w - write (edit or overwite existing files)
k  - what does the K mean?
a - admin (able to change the ACL of the directory)

Sincerely,
Jason  Edgecombe