[OpenAFS] New "B" question: Samba versus AFS.

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
30 Nov 2002 14:59:48 -0600

Something I've considered, but have not really done any significant work
on...

When you're using samba in conjunction with active directory - you can
have it use the ADC as the authentication source.

If one were to give the samba server access to the AFS keytab/keyfile, I
would think you could have the samba server put together a valid token
for a user that proved itself with the authentication to AD.

This seems to have the potential for alot of security issues, which is
one of the main reasons I have not pursued it.

-- Nathan