[OpenAFS] fs: Input/output error

Mike T mike@bizittech.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:04:57 -0700

hi
I am a newbie to AFS . I installed the Redhat packages that were
generated by
rpm --rebuild openafs-1.2.7xxxx.src.rpm
Following the instructions in the Quick Beginnings for Unix . I am
trying to create a afs server only .
-Do I have to setup the client on that server .
-I am running Redhat 7.3 with XFS . When I run the /etc/init.d/afs no
errors generated .
How do I check that the volumes are mounted by the afs fs. When executing
fs checkvolumes  from /   .....  fs: Input/output error .
-/afs  does exist , and  755  .  /vicepa  is mounted .

[root@h2 /]# bos status h2.bizittech.com
bos: a pioctl failed (getting tickets)
bos: running unauthenticated
Instance kaserver, currently running normally.
Instance buserver, currently running normally.
Instance ptserver, currently running normally.
Instance vlserver, currently running normally.
Instance fs, currently running normally.
    Auxiliary status is: file server running.
Instance upserver, currently running normally.

Maybe some one can point me to a Howto or a document  that is a little
more detailed  .
Any help appreciated .
Thanks