[OpenAFS] pam and openafs 1.2.7 for RH 7.2

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 03:51:14 -0500 (CDT)

> Does anybody have an idea why I still cant login via ssh as an afs-user?
> I posted my  sshd and system-auth pam-files at the end of this mail.

Your configuration:

> auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
> auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
> auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so
> auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass
> ignore_root

Once it gets down to pam_deny.so, your login has failed.  It never tries
pam_afs.so.

Try the following:

auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass
ignore_root
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]