[OpenAFS] Web-based file managers that play well with AFS...?

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:50:24 +0200

Hi there,

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 01:44:38PM -0400, Jason Garman wrote:

> Does anyone know of a web-based "file manager" that works with AFS?
> Unfortunately I've been tasked with finding some solution and so didn't
> want to reinvent the wheel if someone else had already implemented a
> solution.

Here at Chemnitz University of Technology, a self-developed too called
"wfm" is used. It's available at
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/wfm/
Unfortunately, it's documentation is German-only. I'm going to roll this
thing out myself and could probably translate it in the process.
You also need a modified mod_auth_pam for Apache which allows the server
to acquire tokens on behalf of the user. It works quite well and is
available at:
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/urz/afs/openafs/download/AddOn/mod_auth_pam/
(or /afs/tu-chemnitz.de/openafs/AddOn/mod_auth_pam )

HTH! Tino.

PS: Rough translation of INSTALL:

1. Prerequisites

- Apache (with mod_ssl for security) and PHP3 or PHP4
- mod_auth_pam and /etc/pam.d/httpd:
    auth       sufficient /lib/security/pam_afs.so.1 ignore_root dont_fork
    session    required   /lib/security/pam_afs.so.1
    account    required   pam_pwdb.so

2. Installation
Modify the following files:
- htaccess
- config.php3, help, maybe index.php3
- copy everything into $DOCUMENT_ROOT/wfm
- cp htaccess $DOCUMENT_ROOT/wfm/.htaccess

3. Test
https://server-name/wfm

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/