[OpenAFS] pam and openafs 1.2.7 for RH 7.2

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:06:29 -0500 (CDT)

> > Try removing that option, and see if it works then.
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't have any impact, error messages in
> /var/log/messages still look the same after an attempt to login in.
>
> I really don't have a clou what's going on. Because I tried the same
> pam.d configuration on an Intel machine (with SuSE Linux 7.3,
> openafs1.2.3) and it works as expected! Do you have any ideas what
> else I could try out?

Perhaps it's SSHd related rather than PAM related.

I suggest running sshd in debug mode:
# sshd -d -d -d -D

Then, connect with a verbose client:
$ ssh -v -v -v user@host

Check the massive amounts of debug info for things that look
inappropriate.

I don't recall if you said so earlier -- but does your pam_afs.so work
with other applications?  Is your SuSE box running the same version of
sshd?

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]