[OpenAFS] volume disappeared

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:34:37 +0200

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Hiho!

Derek Atkins schrieb:
> Francisco Yumiceva <yumiceva@sc.edu> writes:
> > The server where the problems appeared was running an old openafs
> > (1.0.4) and it is a RH 6.2, the rest of servers and clients are RH7.2
> > with openafs 1.2.6. I have updated that server to 1.2.7. I hope this
> > will fix the backup error.
> Ahh, this might have been the old CopyOnWrite bug..  If so, then moving
> to 1.2.7 _should_ fix it...

The description sounded very much like my Experiences with the
CopyOnWrite bug on linux. And that's what my guess was.

Upgrading to 1.2.5 or higher has seemingly fixed it for quite some
time now...

At least i have started to feel a lot more comfortable with OpenAFS on
Linux. :)

Cheerio
	Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--