[OpenAFS] Holy Grail of High Availability

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:49:07 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:29:37PM +1000, Nick Andrew wrote:

> > Replicating a database will not work this way - you circumvent all kinds
> > of internal caches and integrity checks. Your database needs to support
> > replication explicitly.

> I should just point out that MySQL supports replication and
> transactional tables. With replication, each instance may be
> a slave of at most one master. That limits the topology, but
> still allows flexibility, e.g.

Well, MySQL does support replication explicitly. It's not just sharing
files. After looking at the MySQL docs, I don't see anything stating
that actual files are shared. The replication slave has it's own set of
files which it keeps in sync with the master.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/