[OpenAFS] AFS access rights and novell printer queues.

Daniel Swärd excds@kth.se
09 Oct 2002 11:31:07 +0200

The users which will be using the Linux environment I've setup are going
to have to print to Novell printer queues. To accompling that I'm using
nprint (from ncpfs). The problem is that nprint in conjunction with lpd
requires that the users have a ".nwclient" file in their homedirectory.
The ".nwclient" is supposed to contain username/password for their
Novell account.

How can I make the file readable only to root on the clients, so lpd can
read it? If the ACL is "system:anyuser rl" AFS ignores the Unix file
rights (600) and the file is worldwide readable. Should I set up a
separate usergroup for whatever user that runs lpd?

	/Daniel