[OpenAFS] Filesystem possibilities for /vicepa

Adrian Knoth adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:37:16 +0200

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:20:36AM +0000, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Hello,

Hi!

> Does anyone have any experience/recommendations as to which ones get along
> with AFS?  I can choose between ext3, JFS, XFS, and ReiserFS on Linux.

We are running /vicepa under reiserfs. ext3 is also possible, but we chose
reiserfs because it is online-resizeable. So to say, we can increase
the AFS-space without shutting down the server.

> AFS, but I am concerned that the fsck utilities for these filesystems might
> not understand the AFS structure, and end up munging it.

This might be possible. If you'll really get a reiserfs-crash then you can
be sure that there is trailing garbage at the end of your files.

The salvager works well for us. We don't fsck the /vicepa on bootup.

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Ein Zwilling kommt selten allein.