[OpenAFS] Web Browsers

Michael Robokoff mrobo@ahpcrc.org
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:48:51 -0500

Okay, I checked the cache and this is what I had:
AFS using 73370 of the cache's available 100000 1K byte blocks.
The file was about 4MB so it was larger than the cache. So I increased my
cache by 10x to: 1000000 1K byte blocks. and re-tried the download. I
noticed the cache usage did not increase much. AFS using 77294 of the
cache's available 1000000 1K byte blocks. Then I noticed network
activity continued when the browsers were hung. So I waited several minutes
and the download eventually completed. It is strange that during that
time I
cannot stop the download or the browser without taking aggresive action.
Yet it appears after it does finally complete the browser returns to normal.

--Mike