[OpenAFS] Re: AFS access rights and novell printer queues

Frank J. Cameron cameron@ctcnsc.org
09 Oct 2002 21:15:14 -0400

You might investigate one of these client pieces instead of nprint.  I
haven't used either of these.

From: NETWORK WORLD NEWSLETTER: DAVE KEARNS on NOVELL NETWARE 10/08/02

    The SCO Group, formerly Caldera, has a product called "NetWare for
    Linux" which includes a Linux client for the NetWare network (see:
    http://www.caldera.com/support/docs/openlinux/netware/utilities/).
    This is a full-featured NetWare client. While not 100% identical
    to the latest versions of Novell's NetWare clients for the Windows
    platforms, it's close to 98% feature complete (I haven't actually
    discovered a feature that's missing, but I'm told that there are
    some).

    While the SCO client is intended primarily for SCO's OpenLinux
    distribution, there's a more generic Linux client, also. It's called
    the "Now-well" Client for Linux and was developed by Erwin Preuner.
    It's available at http://now-well.sourceforge.net/linux/now-well/
    but [disclaimer] I haven't tried it so I've no information as to
    its ease of use or reliability. As always, try this in the lab
    first.