[OpenAFS] Ldap & AFS

Judy Warren jwarr@us.ibm.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:43:19 -0400

What about the other way around -- has anyone done anything (or know of
anyone who has done anything) to get AFS to query LDAP for user
authentication?   Kind of a LDAP substitute for a kas/Kerberos server...
and maybe also a substitute for a pts server.

Thanks,

--Judy

                      Derrick J Brashear
                      <shadow@dementia.or        To:       openafs-info@openafs.org
                      g>                         cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [OpenAFS] Ldap & AFS
                      openafs-info-admin@
                      openafs.org

                      10/10/2002 06:59 PM

> >>I would posit this isn't AFS's problem, but as it happens I know the
guy
> >>in the office next to me did something to allow LDAP queries of the PTS
> >>database. Is that what you want?
> >
> > Yes it is.
>
> me too!

The license on it matches the OpenLDAP license, which might mean it's been
contributed or is intended to be, but I don't ask questions, lest someone
decide to play politics. The license as it is lets me, so here it is:

/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/back-pts.tar.gz

The README inside explains how it works.