[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Debian, Help?

Alan Meadows alan@sunwave.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:54:33 -0700

Hi there,

I've been trying to install the debian packages from openafs.org off and on
when I have spare time and I always encounter the same barrier which stops
me from successfully installing OpenAFS.  I have tried following
"configuration-transcript.txt.gz" to the letter and various other
approaches but I always seem to get stuck in the same place.

Below is what happens when I run afs-newcell.  Am I doing something silly?
Should I not be using afs-newcell?  Now, my goal is to get OpenAFS working
with the openafs-kpasswd package, before I move onto krb5, but I receive
the same error message (see below) either way: "FSYNC_clientInit temporary
failure (will retry): Connection refused"

Thanks in advance,

Alan Meadows
alan@sunwave.com

# afs-newcell
Do you meet these requirements? [y/n] y
If the fileserver is not running, this may hang for 30 seconds.
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop
Stopping AFS Server: bos: failed to shutdown servers (communications
failure (-1))
bos: can't wait for processes to shutdown (communications failure (-1))
bosserver.
What administrative principal should be used? meadows
echo \>protgp.com >/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver start
Starting AFS Server: bosserver.
bos addhost karl karl -localauth ||true
bos adduser karl meadows -localauth
pt_util: /var/lib/openafs/db/prdb.DB0: Bad UBIK_MAGIC. Is 0 should be 354545
Ubik Version is: 2.0
Error while creating system:administrators: Entry for id already exists
pt_util: Ubik Version number changed during execution.
Old Version = 2.0, new version = 33554432.0
bos create karl ptserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/ptserver -localauth
bos create karl vlserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver -localauth
bos create karl fs fs -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/fileserver -cmd
/usr/lib/openafs/volserver -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/salvager -localauth
Waiting for database elections: done.
vos create karl a root.afs -localauth
FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
Possible communication failure
Possible communication failure
Failed: 65280
bos shutdown karl -localauth