[OpenAFS] How to mount a cell that's not in CellServDB ?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:29:35 -0400 (EDT)

On 11 Oct 2002, Ian Delahorne wrote:

> > > They (nada.kth.se) have their own cellservdb that only has entries
> > > relevant to education. Plus they block incoming AFS from !KTH-nets.
> >
> > Sure, one too many times they got hosed by clients which could source AFS
> > udp traffic and not receive the replies bringing down their servers.
>
> I heard some rumor about this being fixed in OpenAFS, true?

1.2.7 is the first release whose fileservers have the necessary changes,
though the athena.mit.edu cell has been running with the patches for quite
some time. My understanding is (quite some time ago) one problem was found
and fixed, and other than that it's been stable and reliable.

-D