[OpenAFS] pam_afs or KfM for auto-authentication on OSX

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:39:17 -0700

Both of the subject methods *should* allow you to auto-authenticate
on login on MacOS X.  What's recommended?

AFAICT the pam module isn't built on OSX.  Anyone tried to make it work?

I haven't got it working yet, but the native Kerberos implementation
should get me a K4 tgt.  Then I should be able to do the OpenAFS
equivalent to afslog to convert that to a token (whatever the
equivalent is).  Anyone gotten this to work?

While I'm at it, I'm curious:  does everyone rely on the guru's who
made the package or does anyone actually install OpenAFS on OSX from
source?  Make install doesn't put anything in /Library/StartupItems/
like it needs to.