[OpenAFS] ka-forwarder

J Michael Mosley J Michael Mosley <jmmosley@uncc.edu>
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:56:27 -0400 (EDT)

Our site is attempting to get ka-forwarder up and running to replace kaserver on
our AFS db servers.  This is one of our last tasks in migrating our site to K5.

We initially ran it as follows:

	./ka-forwarder kdc1  kdc2

We were then able to sucessfully klog from our Solaris and Linux clients. Our
Windows XP clients failed however.  We discovered that the XP clients were
trying to talk to  ka-forwarder on port 750 rather than 7004.  We determined
from the source that it is possible to run mutiple ka-forwarders on different
ports so we cranked up a second instance as follows:

	./ka-forwarder -p 750  kdc1/7004  kdc2/7004

Unfortunately, the XP klog still fails.  Doing a rough network snoop of the
session, it appears that ka-forwarder receives the request from the XP client
but never responds.

Does anybody have an idea as to what we are doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Mosley  				Email: jmmosley@uncc.edu
Systems Software Developer 		Phone: (704) 687-3522
College of Engineering, UNC-Charlotte 	Fax: (704) 687-2352