[OpenAFS] Linux kernels oops with openafs?

Andrew Leahy aleahy@knox.edu
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:11:17 -0400

Derek Atkins wrote:

> You cannot rmmod libafs until you actually start afsd.  you are effectively
> running:
>
> insmod libafs
> rmmod libafs
>
> Which is known to "Not Work".  Instead of "rmmod libafs;
> /etc/init.d/afs start" why not just "afsd"?

I think both responses are pointing toward the same problem.  I have a
follow-up question which may clear things up for me:  Is libafs only
used by afsd?  That is, is it necessary to run

MODNAME=`/usr/vice/etc/afsmodname`
/sbin/insmod -f /usr/vice/etc/modload/$MODNAME

prior to doing the various bits of server configuration, or can I just
ditch it.  Then kill the various server commands and run

/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start

(with server and client options set to on) once I have root.afs set up
and need to run commands from fs and afsd?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy