[OpenAFS] Can't Load OpenAFS 1.2.7 Client Under RH 7.3 / Kernel 2.4.18-17.7.x

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
18 Oct 2002 13:46:44 -0400

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> Is this a kernel update for RedHat 7.3?

Yes, this is the new kernel update released yesterday...

> > /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.18-17.7.x.o: unresolved symbol sys_call_table
>
> That's... very special.
>
> > So my question is how can I get OpenAFS working again?  Did I do
> > something wrong?  This procedure has always worked before when building
> > modules for new kernels.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Yes, but it's all politics. Anyhow, you have 3 choices:
> -rebuild their kernel exporting sys_call_table
> -reinstall an older kernel which isn't so anal
> -use the Redhat 8.0 SRPM from OpenAFS 1.2.7 to build your kernel module

I suspect that ALL the new RH kernels have this particular patch..
Maybe this weekend I'll build a new set of 1.2.7 RPMs that include
this patch and build against the new kernels.

Derrick, are there any plans to commit this RH fix to CVS?  I haven't
seen any commit messages about it.

-derek