[OpenAFS] Redhat 7.3/8.0 Kernel upgrade breaks OpenAFS -- sys_call_table not exported

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2002 10:43:03 -0400

Deniz Akkus Kanca <deniz@arayan.com> writes:

> I'd like to caution people who might be using Redhat 7.3 or 8.0 with OpenAFS
> from upgrading to this kernel.

I am actually surprised that the 8.0 upgrade fails...  The _original_
8.0 kernel had sys_call_table removed, so the 8.0 RPMs already had a
workaround.  Did you actually try recompiling for 8.0?  Or are you
just guessing that it actually fails?

> In the meantime, is there a solution planned for this on the OpenAFS front?
> (Other than not using the particular kernel patch I mean, since it does look
> as if this is going mainstream).

Well, we have a workaround (in the 8.0 RPMS), but we've had one report
of that workaround not working properly....

> Best regards, and thanks for the great AFS software.
> Deniz

-derek