[OpenAFS] Kerberos and AFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Oct 2002 11:50:17 -0400

"Andres Cardenas" <dj.morph@verizon.net> writes:

> I will be running 1 Solaris 9 AFS server with 2 SuSe 8.1 KDC's, how do I
> go about using the K5 authentication with AFS seamlessly?

You need the krb5 migration kit (which is included in the Red Hat
RPMS) so you can build 'asetkey' and 'aklog.  You generate an
afs/<cell>@REALM key in your KDC, making sure you use '-e
des-cbc-crc:v4' and extract that into an afs keytab.  Then you use
asetkey to add the keytab key into an AFS KeyFile.

Set up AFS as usual, except you don't need the KAServer.

Finally, you can use 'kinit' and 'aklog' to authenticate to AFS.

> Thanks.

-derek