[OpenAFS] AFS and HP_UX on PA-RISC and Itanium ia64

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:52:51 -0500

Is there any work being done on the client for OpenAFS for HP_UX?

We have been using the Transarc clients for years, and would like to convert
to OPenAFS. We have also recently obtained a new HP machine based on the Intel
Itanium 2 processor. Even though these can run the PA-RISC programs in emulation
mode, I am assuming the kernel modules will have to be native code.

I might have some time to work on this, but would like to know what has
already been done.

Even a choice of a sysname for these would be a start, how about ia64_ux1122

Thanks.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory