[OpenAFS] AFS and HP_UX on PA-RISC and Itanium ia64

Omkar Sathe somkar@in.ibm.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:41:05 +0530

how about ia64_hpux1122 for sysname ?

regards
-omkar

wq!

|         |           "Douglas E. Engert"|
|         |           <deengert@anl.gov> |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           openafs-info-admin@|
|         |           openafs.org        |
|         |           10/22/02 08:22 PM  |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       openafs-info@openafs.org                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [OpenAFS] AFS and HP_UX on PA-RISC and Itanium ia64                                          |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                              |

Is there any work being done on the client for OpenAFS for HP_UX?

We have been using the Transarc clients for years, and would like to
convert
to OPenAFS. We have also recently obtained a new HP machine based on the
Intel
Itanium 2 processor. Even though these can run the PA-RISC programs in
emulation
mode, I am assuming the kernel modules will have to be native code.

I might have some time to work on this, but would like to know what has
already been done.

Even a choice of a sysname for these would be a start, how about
ia64_ux1122

Thanks.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>