[OpenAFS] kaserver vs. Kerberos IV

Aaron J. Angel aangel@myrealbox.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:06:00 -0500

Derek Atkins wrote:
| Well, at this point I would suggest a "real Kerberos 5" server as
| opposed to a v4 server.  Having said that, the real question is
| the database migration from kaserver to a real KDC, and that
| will depend on which KDC implementation you use and whether you want
| to "start over" or perform a "live" cutover..

I was considering that, but I'm not as familiar with KRB5 as I am with
KRB4, and last time I tried to set that up I failed miserably, heh.

What is involed with migrating the database?  I don't really have that
much to migrate, so I could start over fairly easily.  I suppose I'll be
using Heimdal, if I opt for KRB5.

Is there anything required as far as OpenAFS goes to make it use the KDC
short of stopping kaserver?  And do I need any additional principals?