[OpenAFS] cache performance

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
29 Oct 2002 21:23:15 -0600

The cache manager is part of the client. So, yes, it is contacted.

As long as a callback is still present with the server, there shouldn't
be any communication with the file server.

So, one possible solution would be a cache manager debug set (fs setset)
that had a very minimal amount of logging generated - to where you could
reasonably run fstrace regularly on clients. i.e. not a full bore -
every access, just file opens.

-- Nathan