[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #879 - 12 msgs

Frank J. Cameron cameron@ctcnsc.org
29 Oct 2002 20:32:50 -0500

This doesn't help with the crashing (although frequent crashes have not
been my experience with the AFS client on Windows).  But, since about
patch 3 Transarc installs a utility that allows non administrators to
start and stop the service.  After installation run this as admin:

	afsdacl -set

Now, normal users can net stop/start the afs service.  (This utility,
though not included with OpenAFS to my knowledge, works with OpenAFS.)