[OpenAFS] donations to AFS project

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:57:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Matthew Cocker wrote:

> If I was able to talk someone here into forking out some cash for AFS
> development how would we go about handing over the loot in some sort of
> official manner that will keep the bean counter happy.

Generally or for something specific? If it's for something specific you
might want to find someone to do it; If it's general, perhaps USENIX might
be persuaded to take the money and potentially match in some manner (but
given their current money situation, that's a bit unlikely) before
redistributing. Others may comment but basically something similar is
happening already and there should be some news on how that goes soon.