[OpenAFS] cache performance

Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:19:44 -0500

>>>>> "Derrick" == Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

Phil> I think that option post-dates my hands on administration of AFS :-(

Derrick> Nathan wrote it for OpenAFS, so, yeah, pretty much;-)

Someday, I hope to code again, too :-(

Nathan> Yeah, that's what Derrick and I were thinking, something similar in
Nathan> nature to fstrace.

Phil> However, I want to architect the mechanism to be a bit more manageable
Phil> and robust than a debugging tool, and most importantly, we need to
Phil> minimize the performance impact, of course.

Derrick> Do you consider fstrace robust?

Well, I don't know -- has anyone ever run it 24x7 to gather data?