[OpenAFS] Login on alpha_dux40 requires >=9 characters password

Frederic Gilbert Frederic.Gilbert@inria.fr
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:59:55 +0200

Hi,

we just moved a few DEC Alpha clients (alpha_dux40) from TransarcAFS to
OpenAFS 1.2.2a (the version we use here on other linux/solaris
clients/servers).
We found out that people could not authentify any more on these machines
if their password was not at least 9 characters long. klog returns
"Unable to authenticate to AFS because password was incorrect".

I did not really find any reference to this (unless some people in the
list reporting that they cannot klog on Alpha systems?); is this a known
problem, or has anyone already experimented it?

Thanks,
Frederic Gilbert.