[OpenAFS] copyOnWrite status

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

On 5 Sep 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 matt@njit.edu wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings all... Have the CopyOnWrite bugs been squashed, as far as we
> > > know, for Linux file servers? in 1.2.5 or 1.2.6?
> >
> > yes
>
> Ok, do we know what fixed it, or indeed what caused the problem?

it would have to be the combination of the patch Srikanth provided and the
dir handle locking patch. in any case Bob Hoffman let me use one of his
fileservers which had the problem multiple times per week. In the process
of testing I inavdertantly upgraded to 1.2.5 and the problem stopped
occurring. Only those 2 patches were of any significance.