[OpenAFS] Setup Kerberos V5 Problem

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:35:02 -0500 (CDT)

>> i tried to Setup an AFS Cell which is authenticating to a Windows 2000
>> Active directory domain Controller (Kerberos V5)
>>

> you need Kerberos IV or a kerberos524-konverter (krb524d in MIT-Kerberos) to run with Kerberos.
> I don't know whether windows active directory provides this.

ADS does not provide krb524d.  You'll need to run it seperately.  I've
heard rumors of people getting it to work under Win2K, but most have run
it on *NIX one of their AFS servers.  You just have to make sure your krb5
client can find it.  Add the following to the appropriate [realms]
section:

	krb524_server = server.domain.net:port

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]